Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

What To Do On A Cleanse Day

I have done cleanses before so I know the emotional ups and downs of the day but that doesn't make it any less hard. If you have never done a cleanse before and are struggling, here are my top 5 tips or things to do. (Especially on a weekend or non work day)

1. Stay away from the pantry! If you are like me, you keep your favorite snacks in the pantry and looking at them is so so so tempting. If you keep your Isa products or any other cleansing products in your pantry as well. Take them out the night before and set them out to make it easier.

2. Organize ! Do you have a closet, drawer, room, or anything that needs organizing? If so, a cleanse day is the perfect day to do it. I like to organize little by little and not just stuff things away. My husband calls this Hurricane Erika because I destroy a room trying to organize it but I'm also like the Red Cross and come in to fix it all up. This takes time and not a ton of energy. (depending on what your organizing) Don't over do it! I've been down that road before and not had enough energy to fix it.

3. Pamper Yourself! Take a nice bath, do your nails, go to the spa, or just relax on the couch with a movie or a nice book. If you have a non-strenuous hobby, cleanse days are great for working on those. I personally never get to create jewelry or do frame art which I love.

4. Find a Buddy! Find a friend that is doing the same cleanse or a similar one on the days you are and keep each other going. Send messages, tell each other how you are feeling, and boost each others confidence about completing the cleanse. If you are part of the Isa family, contact your sponsor or connect through Start group on Facebook. Tons of support and people going through the same experiences.

5. Write/Blog/Journal about it! This is a great way to release all those emotions about how you are feeling. As I am blogging, I am currently on a cleanse and it feels great and gives me support to get through this just by writing. Below are some of my current thoughts and feelings:

Even the play food my daughter left out makes me hungry.
I am sitting right next to the kitchen, maybe I could sneak a snack.
I just want this day to be over!
I do feel great but a burger would make me feel better.

I am sure some of you can relate. I hope these are helpful and if you want more great tips please click the link below the picture.
Cleansing Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment